Return to Temperance — Free beta test scene

The Part 4 scene Return to Temperance has been uploaded. Travel with Mindy back to Temperance to find Eugene and Devlin in the hopes to trade for medicine vital to the survivor of your group.

To play it, start a new game and select the option “Part 4 beta test.

As with all beta tests, errors may be encountered. Please provide feedback to me via email or by posting on the Choice of Games forum under the post “Zombie Exodus, Part 4 feedback.”

The beta test of this scene is only available for a short time. Based on feedback, content of beta scenes may change from what is released in the live game.

This entry was posted in Beta testing and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Return to Temperance — Free beta test scene

1. Xavier says:

Hey could you ever make this game available for the amazon kindle store. i would pay ANY price!

2. lovely1 says:

Hey when will the next chapter be uploaded to the app?

3. Jake says:

Could you make this available for iOS 4.2.1 I have the second Gen. IPod and cant use the app because of it.

I can check with my publisher, Choice of Games. The actual app is their area of expertise; I write and code the story. On my 2nd gen iPod Touch, I use the mobile browser to play.

4. Will says:

Hi, how many chapters is there likely to be?

There will be 5 total Parts. Part 4 will be released in mid- to late-October and Part 5 in May, 2013

• Will says:

This game is really good, you could teach the writers of the walking dead, 28 days later and the land of the dead a thing or two. The game doesn’t involve any stupid decisions that happen in so many zombie films or games. I hope you carry on making more games like this.

5. Xavier says:

THANK YOU SSSSOOOOOO MUCH!!! And hey, is it hard to make these kind of games. i thinking of trying it myself. p.s. do u get paid if CoG picks it up? if so. how much?

You get roughly 25% of the sales and advertising revenue. I would only create a game if you are passionate about it, not to make money as it is not lucrative.

• Xavier says:

Sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. I absolutely l-o-v-e IF games. especially in Choicescript. I wouldn’t do it for money I was just wondering. And also is their a specific age requirment? Because I have some ideas I think they might like.

No worries — doing something for money is not a bad thing, but writing this type of app is not going to make anyone quit a real job 🙂

Anyway, I don’t think there are age requirements, but you may need parents’ permission to publish through Apple and Google.

If you have ideas, check out the Choice of Games site, or post on the forums. People are really supportive there.

• Xavier says:

Ha Ha. Thanks. I love IF and follow Introcomp and every thing like that. And um…. don’t tell Choice of Games but I think Zombie Exodus is the best. :p P.S. I like how you actually reply to my posts! usually other sites completely ingnore me!

Thanks! I feel like if you are a writer, even at my amateurish level, it is pretty damn important to answer questions of people who take time to read your work. SO I am glad to reply, even to harshest criticisms.

• Xavier says:

haha. tell that to CoG!!! and how do you post on forums on CoGs website. It says you have to be a member and i tried a it wont work. :'( P.S. Im telling ALL my friends about Zombie Exodus!!!!!!!

You can use your Facebook or Twitter ID to sign in, otherwise you sign up and wait to be approved by Choice of Games (it shouldn’t take long).

• Xavier says:

Thanks. and you do NOT write at an amateurish level. Your like the George Lucas of Choose-Your-Own Adventures!!! 😀

• Xavier says:

Hey Jim I have an idea for ZE. Do you think you can do like a Tower Defense type thing. where you send certain people to places in the Cathedral to defend against Zombies? like to do diff. jobs? i.e. send Mindy to the roof to shoot at zombies since she is good at it. And pick where you want to help (basedon the job you had prior to the apoc. like a soldier could go to the roof WITH her. [But a scientist cant] and things like that.

It’s an interesting idea. I may be able to do that type of a scene for Part 5… I have already planned something similar.

6. Xavier says:

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!! 😀

7. Xavier says:

And I dont want to be turned down becauseof age…

8. Jake says:

Hey thanks thats good to know can’t wait till part 4 btw

9. Theotian says:

SPOILERS i keep getting 404 when i use my password i started a new game and it said the same thing at the same point in chapter 4 when i see the 2 strangers before it was after mindy became leader.

I just emailed you but am posting here so others know the answer:

Part 4 was actually only available for beta testing for a short time, and I think you hit the end of that period. The game will actually be released around October 23, so it’s about 2 weeks to go. Sorry for the timing of it. Hopefully you still enjoy it, and the password should allow you to start at Part 4.

10. Brittany says:

I was just wondering if part 4 was up and running yet? I saw in an earlier post you said it was due for October 23 but I can’t seem to access it currently and I was wondering if it was a glitch or if you hadn’t officially posted it.

Thanks 🙂

11. Bella says:

im just curious… when is Part 5 coming out? and how many parts is there gonna be?? i dont want ZE to end!!!! its so addicting ! i love it!

12. Daniel says:

Jim, you should make ZE into a visual game! It would be SO successful! 😀 I plan to make my novel into a game, myself. I’m still on the drawing stage(except the novel), so I have to wait until I can afford to put it in a video or anything like that.

I am not sure what I’ll eventually do with ZE but if opportunities arise, I will surely take them. My plan now is to finish the first app and start on a sequel.

13. Daniel says: