The Continuing Saga of Zombie Exodus Part V

Zombie Exodus Part V went to my publisher, Choice of Games, at the end of September, and as many of you have noticed, the apps are still not updated.  Here’s the bad news and good news:

The Bad

Part V will be delayed a few more weeks. In my final review, Choice of Games had some editorial comments that need to be addressed before releasing the rest of the game.

Before you post, I’ll say it for you: I suck, my games suck, I lie.

The Good

Due to the changes I need to make, I will be publishing all final chapters, comprising Part V and the Epilogue. What is the Epilogue? It was originally scheduled as an additional chapter to tie everything up that would be out in a few months. Now, it will be included with the November release.

Also good news — for all you iOS users (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), I am coding Achievements which will show up in Gamecenter.

Final good news — I have a hard deadline of October 22 to have all of Part V to Choice of Games. They will then package it up and send it to the App stores who generally take two weeks to release it.

The Truth

Since many ask, I work on Zombie Exodus largely by myself. I write the story, code it, and test it myself. I do all marketing and pay for graphics. So far, I am just about breaking even in the two years I have worked on it. Granted, I don’t do it for the money but am motivated by the creative process and sharing a story. Though not motivated by money, I still want to produce a great product and do it in a timely manner. I apologize for the delays, and if I could do anything to get the game out sooner, I can only ask you to trust that I would.

Finally, thank you to all who have tested or provided feedback on Zombie Exodus. It’s been a ton of fun to interact with many of you, and I truly think it has improved the game.

This entry was posted in General and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to The Continuing Saga of Zombie Exodus Part V

1. Airtamis says:

You suuuuuuuuuuck you stupid liar!

Nah, I jest. I understand that these things need to be revised, and I’m perfectly content to wait for perfection (most likely because Way Walkers is gonna be released soon).

But yeah, good luck with your revisions!

2. D Dunnagan says:

I’m sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I enjoy the game immensely. The waiting not so much but the amount of work you do shows with how great the game is. If it makes the game better than I’m ok with waiting! Thank you for your hard work. I will always be a fan and supporter of your work.

3. Lobminster says:

Ah, don’t worry that much, drek happens. It didn’t diminish the quality of the work… quite the contrary, I guess. We’re cheering for ya, not booing against. Keep it up and good luck!

4. Josh Wong says:

Thanks for the update man. Can’t wait for the next episode. Been checking your website for updates a couple of times a week!

So when you say that you’d be publishing part V, does that mean you’ll feature it to be played from your website?

5. Shripal says:

We have waited so long, we might as well wait a lil more! All the best!

6. jerred manns says:

Its ok jim. Dont sweat it. Take your time. Im a huge fan ofyour game and are so ready to kill tom.

7. -matt says:

This is one of the best games and stories out there. Worth the wait. I hope you make some money. Each episode is definitely worth more then you’ve been charging, though I’m certainly not complaining. CoG needs to do better by their HG writers. Only one CoG release ranks as highly with me as your game and Sabres of Infinity: SLAMMED. Good luck, but please don’t make us wait any longer 😉

8. Jared Long says:

You should do another thing similar to this but with hunger games. The rights to the name may be expensive but you would make a ton off of it. Just an idea I had. Zombie Exodus is awesome by the way.

9. Javii says:

Cant wait such a good story also just finished the part 4 i had it for awhile but never been on it so im looking forward to the final parts goodluck

10. Ryan says:

I just have to say that this game is OUTSTANDING. Almost literally unbelievable. Yes there are a few typos, and I do feel like I might have been cheated into death a time or two. But that pales in comparison to all of the amazing things you can do in this game. Hours and hours of character progression, base customization, zombie research, and missions. I’ve had more fun playing this than many console games. Keep up the great work and just know that the final battle in Part 4 was truly epic!

11. ShadowHawk says:

The game is in my opinion a masterpiece with a fantastic plot, game mechanics and much more. If done right this could be made into a mindblowing 3D game

12. Daniel says:

I can’t stand the wait any longer! Ha ha. I hope it’s soon.

13. Hunter says:

Patience, I bet it will be out next week. Hopefully.

14. Jon says:

Hows Part V coming? I haven’t seen any updates lately, so I assume it’s still WiP?

This is like waiting for Christmas! 🙂

15. Matt says:

I want it now! I know you’ve been working hard and I’m sure it’s gonna be amazing, the suspense is killing me though! Any idea on when it can be expected? Going by the timeline you set here it should have been released already. Did the deadline get pushed back or are the publishers just taking forever?

16. Jon says:

CoC forums say 29th of November. 🙂

17. Ganja_Gagnon says:

It’s now November, could you pease update us on what’s happening.
    Ps I love the game and recommended it to many many people.

18. Brayden Chou-lee says:

This chapter may be taking a while but I’m 100% sure this will be by far the best ZE chapter!

19. John Sikora says: